Monday, April 26, 2010

Lady Bug Salad


Here is my latest favorite salad. I tried to mimic a salad that I ordered at a restaurant. I wasn't sure when I ordered it if I would like it but I ended up loving it. Once I figured out how to make it - it became named the Lady Bug Salad. It got it's name from the 7 yr. old cowboy. He has a new fixation with ladybugs....due to science at school. So last weekend he caught a really big one! We put it in a cup and gave it food and water - put a lid on it with air holes. Anyhow the ladybug got away. He was sure the 9 yr. old cowboy set it free......then we saw it on the big cowboy's shoulder. I went to grab it and OPPS!- I dropped it.......right in the salad......or so I thought....we still ate the salad
To make the salad:
Romaine lettuce
(or salad kit of your liking)
dried cranberries
walnuts
1/2 of an apple (cut into chunks)
reg/plain feta cheese
(I didn't have feta when I made the one in the picture - I used provolone)
Raspberry Vinaigrette
Dice grilled chicken breast
(I didn't use the chicken on the photo salad)
Mix it all together and eat!
Big cowboy didn't think he'd like it but now enjoys the change from the regular dinner salad he normally eats.
Oh and by the time we finished the photo salad - we found the ladybug crawling on the floor under the table. So we didn't eat the ladybug but the name stuck to the salad! It does sort of have a ladybug look to it!
Bobby Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment